This holiday season will be even brighter, merrier and more colorful as Magic of Lights transforms the Empire Polo Club into a vibrant drive-through holiday-themed light display. The festive event kicks off Friday, November 18 and runs through Sunday, January 1.
Produced by Family Entertainment Holdings, LLC, “Magic of Lights” will make its Coachella Valley debut at the sprawling Empire Polo Club, featuring dozens of displays, illuminated canopies, and digital animation, all constructed with millions of individual LED lights to create a memorable holiday experience for the whole family.
“We are excited to bring Magic of Lights to the Coachella Valley community for the first time ever and believe it will become an annual holiday tradition,” says Ken Hudgens, CEO of Family Entertainment Holdings, LLC. “Our innovative creative team has designed a drive-through holiday wonderland light experience that promises to dazzle and delight guests of all ages.”
“Our entire team is excited to bring a fun and festive nightly event to the Empire Polo Club and the entire Coachella Valley region this holiday season. We appreciate Magic of Lights’ commitment to hosting an affordable, one price per carload family-friendly event, and we believe the installation will become an annual tradition for years to come,” says Mark Girton, VP of Operations and Special Events at Empire Polo Club/Empire Grand Oasis.
Inside the comfort of their own vehicle, guests will enjoy Magic of Lights’ classic holiday favorites including Winter Wonderland, the 12 Days of Christmas, Toyland, festive Elves and Reindeer Road. In addition to the 200 foot long Enchanting Tunnel of Lights, there will also be three other brand new tunnels to delight and amaze – the Blizzard Light Tunnel, the Snowflake Tunnel and the Candy Cane Light Tunnel.
Other brand-new displays include the 32-foot-tall animated Mattel’s Waving Christmas Barbie®, Prehistoric Christmas featuring life sized dinosaurs celebrating the season and BIGFOOT® Monster Trucks. Created with over two million sparkling lights, Magic of Lights is a nostalgic and festive event everyone will enjoy.
QUICK FACTS – MAGIC OF LIGHTS
- 2+ million lights per Magic of Lights event
- 6 miles of light cord per Magic of Lights event
- 3,750 staff hours to set up each Magic of Lights event
- The steel displays are designed, bent, cut and welded into about 800 frames that are combined in different configurations to create each show’s giant winter holiday scenes. Each frame of each scene is designed using the latest CAD technology and hand built in-house from 15 pages of design specifications each.
- Each Magic of Lights show uses about 10 miles of steel to build the displays and 10 miles of LED lighting installed inside the displays, there are 10 different colors of LED bulbs used in the shows.
- Scenes, such as the animated Mattel’s Waving Christmas Barbie, are as high as 32 ft. tall and as long as several hundred feet.
Magic of Lights shines daily from 6pm until 10pm beginning Friday, November 18 through Sunday, January 1. Tickets for this colorful seasonal event go on sale Tuesday, October 18 at 10am PT and can be purchased starting at just $15 for Weekdays and $20 for Any Day per vehicle.